Tuesday 23 February 2016

Fasting from lies...

Taking part in a 'negativity fast' and learning to fast from lies and speak truth.

Here is a lie, from Ann Voskamp:

"By Grace, today I fast from the lie that my calling
isn't great enough because God isn't calling
for people great in skills, schooling, or spotlight -
He's calling those simply great in community,
in confession, in communion, in courage, great in Christ.
Today I will do ordinary things with extraordinarily great love.
We repent of wanting to be great
*instead of loving greater.*

‪#‎Day12‬ ‪#‎PeopleofTheCross‬ ‪#‎LentRepentRefresh‬   [ Free Printable Devotionals for ‪#‎40Days‬:http://bit.ly/TakeBackLentFreeDevotional ]


Some lies, from Matthew 3: 
Lie: I am what I DO.       

Truth: I AM WHAT I AM: A MUCHLOVED CHILD OF GOD.

Lie: I am what I HAVE    

Truth: I AM ENOUGH. I CAN BE MYSELF, WHOLLY AND COMPLETELY.

Lie: I am what I PRETEND to be.

Truth: I AM WHO I AM.

Repent, recognise lies, in an accountable relationship with good friends. #can'tdowithoutthem   And, in doing so, a reminder from Bob Rasmussen: 

No comments:

Post a Comment