Sunday 30 August 2015

Too much...refocus

There has been too much going on in my head and heart for so long that I am really becoming #confused.com.

So some good reminders of who I am and what I am here for today: to glorify God through prayer and purpose.

This song has been running through my head, as I try, intentionally, to take Sabbath rest.

Take time to be holy,
speak oft with thy Lord;
abide in him always,
and feed on his word.
Make friends of God's children,
help those who are weak,
forgetting in nothing
his blessing to seek.

Take time to be holy,
the world rushes on;
spend much time in secret
with Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus,
like him thou shalt be;
thy friends in thy conduct
his likeness shall see.

Take time to be holy,
let him be thy guide,
and run not before him,
whatever betide.
In joy or in sorrow,
still follow the Lord,
and, looking to Jesus,
still trust in his word.

Take time to be holy,
be calm in thy soul,
each thought and each motive
beneath his control.
Thus led by his spirit
to fountains of love,
thou soon shalt be fitted
for service above.


To be holy. To be other, to be set apart, to be focused.  These notes are from Louie Giglio's talk: 
Louie Giglio  http://passioncitychurch.com/watch/message/Msb63Y28jkBV                    

We all need direction and confidence. We all need to rest and consider what God has done.

God wants to fill me and send me out for a purpose for HIS glory. This is the mission of God, the BIG dream, for my life.

Before God wants to send me to the ends of the earth, he wants me to look back at what God has done.  GOD CAME THROUGH!  Remember the old ways... the things God has done.

Remembering gives confidence that God HAS done it and will do in the future: prevents arrogance (I can do it myself) and fear (I can’t do it).

God is amazing. He neither slumbers nor sleeps – he is working in the background while we sleep.  We need to take a Sabbath: rest, trust, cease... to put the dream in Jesus’ hands.  Be still and know that I am God..

If God gives me a dream, he will give me what I need to accomplish it.  What God calls me to, God provides for...what God plans for, God pays for...

I just need to remember. Remember WHO God is, WHAT his purposes are. Remember To be holy. To be other, to be set apart, to be focused. Remember to take Sabbath rest and to refocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment