Sunday 2 November 2014

Sunday. Worship.

Appropriate that I should read this post "Worship on a bad day"  from John Piper's 'Desiring God' website, which Bob (Rasmussen) put onto facebook this morning, Sunday. It reminds of how we approach our 'day' - our life - differently when we know the amazing ending that is in store for us.

I have been practising - trying to practise - an 'attitude of gratitude' for some time now. Focusing on what I can be thankful, noticing goodness and beauty in the minutiae of life and jotting it down in a rather ostentatious, gold coloured, handmade paper notebook, tied up with gold cord.
Thanks to the inspiration of Ann Voskamp, author of One Thousand Gifts.

Now, having an attitude which reminds of the Creator AND His son, Jesus, helps me keep my focus on where it really matters. Appreciating the good gifts here and now while keeping my gaze on the eternal future.

Quite inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment