Thursday 13 November 2014

Keeping our eyes on The Main Thing

Privileged to be part of some wonderful answers to prayer recently, privileged to be praying with some awe-inspiring people, seeing God working in lives here on earth.

And still: our friend Bob says:
"This reminded me of something God taught us 14 years ago during leukemia: We don’t listen to any other percentages that 100%:
• 100% God can heal no matter what the prognosis.
• 100% we go to heaven when God says no matter how healthy we are
• 100% surrendered to God
• Now I have another, 100% in the charity of God!

When they buried the blind preacher, George Matheson, his grave was lined with red roses. I think perhaps it comes from the lyrics in this hymn:

1. O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in Thee,
I give Thee back the life I owe,
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

2. O Light that followest all my way
I yield my flickering torch to Thee,
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in Thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to Thee,
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

4. O cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee,
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red,
Life that shall endless be."

No comments:

Post a Comment